On the boulevard of Las Caletillas you basically have to try hard to find bad food. The nice thing is that you can usually choose between a half or a whole portion. Experience shows that half is already quite a lot. We have put our favourites below:
- La Cofradia de Caletillas: Av. Maritima, 31, las Caletillas, Candelaria.
By far our favourite restaurant in Las Caletillas! Very fresh and pure seafood dishes. Do not forget to order vinto tinto del pais (local, cooled red wine). It is not easy to get a table on Sundays since all local families will also join.
Mar y Magma’s older brother. A slightly higher segment. Subtle Canarian food and great wines. If you like strong cheese.…, order the batata con salsa de almogrote.
- Mar Y Magma: Maritima, 31, local 9 en 10, Las Caletillas, Candelaria.
Recently opened. A bit higher segment, but very worthwhile. We are fan of the verduras a la plancha (grilled vegetables).
- Tasca Aqui Y Ahora: Maritima, 57, las Caletillas, Candelaria.
Just a bit different and very friendly staff.
- Creperia La Bohême d’Emilie: Maritima, 33, las Caletillas, Candelaria.
Salads and crepes…, that is what they do and they do it WELL!! A perfect place to have lunch. Please share because their portions are big.
They offer all kind of freshly squeezed juices, sweets and sandwiches. Not unimportantly…, their coffee is divine.
- Churreria El Kiosko: de la Constitución, Candelaria.
The very…, very best churros con chocolate!
Bars in Las Caletillas:
The lighting is not very romantic cocktails are highly recommended!
- Jimmy Food: Maritima, Las Caletillas, Candelaria.
Special beers with a good selection of snacks. If the ceviche is on the menu (not always the case) … take it!
- Bar Cafeteria Rumba Show: Maritima 159A, Las Caletillas, Candelaria.
DJ Jorge Martin (José’s cousin) is the host. On Thursday until Sunday evening there will be dancing from about 22:00 onwards.